If your school uses G Suite for Education, you can use Google Meet to set up a live teaching session with your students. You can even record the session and share it with others that weren’t able to attend. Follow these steps to present your lesson online:
Before you start, make sure your school Google G Suite administrator has enabled advanced features like recording in Google Meet.
Planning and starting
1. Choose and prepare your lesson (from the Library or My Lessons). Leave that lesson opened in your browser.
2. Go to Google Meet in a different tab and click Join or start a meeting.
3. Type in a nickname for the new meeting.
4. Click Join now.
5. Select and copy the meeting link (e.g. by using CTRL+C or ⌘+C) and share the meeting link with your students using e.g. email or other digital communication platforms.
Tip: if you want, you can also plan ahead using Google Calendar and add a sharable Google Meet conferencing link to the appointment.
6. Your students will be able to join the meeting after you admit them.
7. When you want to start the lesson, click the three dots in the bottom right corner and select Record meeting.
8. When you want to start sharing your screen for the presentation of the lesson, click Present now and choose Your entire screen.
9. Now, your students can see both you and your presentation.
1. Switch back to the browser tab running Hangouts Meet and click Stop presenting.
2. After you've finished your lesson, you can end the recording by clicking the three dots in the bottom right corner and choosing Stop recording.
3. You can then click Leave Call.